- Law Firms
- Lawyers In Commerce
- Practice Area
- SUPERIOR COURTS
- De-Registered Lawyers
- Under Curatorship
Peter Carnegie LloydSenior Partner Gill Godlonton & Gerrans
Peter is the senior partner at Gill, Godlonton & Gerrans and specialises in corporate and commercial law, with particular emphasis on issues in relation to inward investment in Zimbabwe, infrastructure development, compliance with Zimbabwe’s indigenisation legislation, debt securitization, corporate restructuring and compliance with Zimbabwe Stock Exchange requirements. He also has acted for a number of large corporates in pursuing tax appeals on their behalf.
He holds the degrees of BL and LLB (Hons) from the University of Zimbabwe, and an LLM degree in company law from the University of Birmingham.
He is recognised as a Leading Lawyer (Band 1) by Chambers Global.
He acts for a number of major national and international financial institutions, mining houses and tobacco companies, including Delta Corporation, Caledonia Mining, African Import-Export Bank, African Century, Brands Africa, Essar, Innscor, Takura Ventures, Masawara Group, Mashonaland Tobacco Company, Nampak Zimbabwe, NMB Bank, Progroup, Standard Chartered Bank. Wilmar, Tradekings, Victoria Falls Safari Lodge (Africa Albida), Willowton Group.
Peter is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and has acted as an arbitrator in a number of commercial disputes, including significant arbitrations in the building sector.
Legal Practitioner of High Court of Zimbabwe
- 15MW Pungwe IPP Hydro Electric Power Project (Zimbabwe) – acting for the promotors in relation to a credit facility and related IPP 15MW hydro-electric power project in Zimbabwe.
- Border Posts Project (Zimbabwe) – advising the lenders in relation to the proposed ECIC supported project financing of the Beitbridge border post.
- Bond Issuance (Zimbabwe) – acting for Masawara Holdings in connection with its debt restructuring.
- Zimbabwe Iron & Steel Co Joint Venture (ZISCO) – acting for Essar in connection with its US$750,000,000 joint ventures with the Government of Zimbabwe in relation to the acquisition and rehabilitation of the assets of Zimbabwe Iron & Steel Company and joint iron ore mining project in Zimbabwe.
- Acting for Innscor (a ZSE listed company) in connection with the unbundling and listing of two operating divisions.
- Acting for NMB Bank in connection with a US$ 10 000 000 investment by Proparco and Africinvest.