- Download 0
- File Size 181.57 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date July 25, 2020
- Last Updated July 26, 2020
Traffic Safety Council Act
Act 20/1999, 22/2001 (s. 4), 14/2002 (s. 19).
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
- Short title and date of commencement.
ESTABLISHMENT AND FUNCTIONS OFTRAFFICSAFETY COUNCIL OFZIMBABWE
- Establishment of Council.
- Functions and powers of Council.
- Traffic Safety Board.
- Disqualifications for membership of Board.
- Terms of office and conditions of service of members.
- Vacation of office by appointed member.
- Suspension of member.
- Dismissal of Board.
- Filling of vacancies on Board.
- Chairman and vice-chairman of Board.
- Meetings and procedure of Board.
- Committees of Board.
- Remuneration and allowances of members of Board and committees.
- Members of Board and committees to disclose certain connections and interests.
- Minutes of proceedings of Board and committees.
- Appointment and functions of Director.
- Other staff of Council.
- Validity of decisions and acts of Board and committees.
- Execution of contracts and instruments by Council.
- Reports of Council.
- Minister may give Board directions on matters of policy.
- Exemption from liability of Council, members and Director.
FINANCIALPROVISIONS RELATING TO COUNCIL
- Funds of Council.
- Investment of moneys not immediately required by Council.
- Council to make certain charges to revenue account.
- Establishment and operation of reserve fund.
- Financial year of Council.
- Accounts of Council.
- Audit of Council’s accounts.
- Powers of auditors.
- Internal auditor.
- Imposition of levies.
- Withdrawal, suspension or increase of levy.
- Recovery of unpaid levy.
- Highway Code.
- Amendment of Cap. 13:11 and saving.
- Employment of staff of Zimbabwe Traffic Safety Board.
Powers of Council.
AN ACT to establish a Traffic Safety Council of Zimbabwe and to provide for its functions; to provide for the imposition of levies on driving schools and persons who insure motor vehicles for the purposes of the Road Traffic Act [Chapter 13:11]; to amend the Road Traffic Act [Chapter 13:11]; and to provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
[Date of commencement: 1st August, 2000.]
1 Short title
This Act may be cited as the Traffic Safety Council Act [Chapter 13:17].
“appointed member” means a member of the Board appointed in terms of paragraph (b) of subsection (2) of section five;
“Board” means the Traffic Safety Board referred to in subsection (1) of section five;
“Council” means the Traffic Safety Council of Zimbabwe established by section three;
“Director” means the Director of the Council appointed in terms of section eighteen;
“driving school” means a person who, for reward, carries on the business of
- providing instruction to develop the knowledge and skills required for the driving of a motor vehicle on a road; and additionally, or alternatively
- training other persons to provide the instruction referred to in paragraph (a);
“levy” means a levy imposed in terms of section thirty-four;
“member” means a member of the Board, including the chairman;
“Minister” means the Minister of Transport and Energy or any other Minister to whom the President may, from time to time, assign the administration of this Act.