- Download 6
- File Size 743.67 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date June 19, 2020
- Last Updated June 19, 2020
PARKS AND WILD LIFE ACT (CHAPTER 20:14)
PARKS AND WILD LIFE ACT
Acts 14/1975, 42/1976 (s. 39), 48/1976 (s. 82), 4/1977, 22/1977, 19/1978, 5/1979, 4/1981 (s. 19), 46/1981,
20/1982 (s.19 and Part XXVI), 31/1983, 11/1984, 35/1985, 8/1988 (s. 164), 1/1990, 11/1991 (s. 24), 22/1992 (s.
14); 19/2001; 22/2001; R.G.Ns 1135/1975, 52/1977, 126/1979, 294/1979, 265/1979, 294/1979, 748/1979;
S.Is 675/1979, 632/1980, 640/1980, 704/1980, 773/1980, 781/1980, 786/1980, 139/1981, 140/1981, 181/1981,
183/1981, 639/1981, 860/1981, 139/1982, 140/1982, 337/1983, 454/1983, 123/1991
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS PART I
- Short title.
PARKS AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
- Establishment of Parks and Wild Life Management Authority.
- Functions of Parks and Wild Life Management Authority.
- Establishment and composition of Parks and Wild Life Management Authority Board.
- Minister may give Board policy directions.
- Minister may direct Board to reverse, suspend or rescind its decisions or actions.
- Execution of contracts and instruments by Authority.
- Reports of Authority.
- Appointment and functions of Director-General and Directors of Authority.
- Appointment of other staff of Authority.
- Funds of Authority.
- Financial year of Authority.
- Annual programmes and budgets of Authority.
- Investment of moneys not immediately required by Authority.
- Accounts of Authority.
16A. Audit of Authority’s Accounts.
16B. Powers of auditors.
16C. Internal auditor.
PARKSAND WILDLIFE ESTATEAND PARKS AND WILD LIFE LAND
- Parks and Wild Life Estate.
- Parks and wild life land.
- Amendment of First, Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth Schedules.
- Minister may fix full supply level of lakes.
- Purposes of national parks and duties of Minister in relation thereto.
- National parks.
- Powers of Minister in relation to national parks.
- Prohibition and regulation of certain acts in national parks.
BOTANICALRESERVES AND BOTANICALGARDENS
- Purposes of botanical reserves and botanical gardens and powers and duties of Minister in relation thereto.
- Botanical reserves and botanical gardens.
- Buildings may be let in botanical reserves or botanical gardens.
- Control of, introduction into or removal of plants from a botanical reserve or botanical garden.
- Permit to introduce plants into or pick plants in a botanical reserve or botanical garden.
- Purposes of sanctuaries and duties of Minister in relation thereto.
- Sanctuaries and designated animals.
- Powers of Minister in relation to sanctuaries.
- Control of hunting in and removal of animals or animal products from a sanctuary and sale of animals or animal products.
- Permit to hunt in or remove animals or animal products from a sanctuary and to sell animals or animal products.
- Purposes of safari areas and powers and duties of Minister in relation thereto.
- Safari areas.
- Lease of sites and grant of hunting rights in safari areas.
- Control of hunting in and removal of animals or animal products from a safari area and sale of animals or animal products.
- Permit to hunt in or remove animals or animal products from a safari area and to sell animals or animal products.
- Purposes of recreational parks and powers and duties of Minister in relation thereto.
- Recreational parks.
- Designation of land within recreational park which may be alienated or leased.
SPECIALLY PROTECTED ANIMALS
- Specially protected animals.
- Minister may amend Sixth Schedule by notice in statutory instrument.
- Control of hunting of specially protected animals and possession or sale of specially protected animals and products thereof.
- Permit to hunt and to sell live specially protected animals and products thereof.
- Trophies of specially protected animals which are State trophies.
SPECIALLY PROTECTED INDIGENOUS PLANTS
- Specially protected indigenous plants.
- Minister may amend Seventh Schedule by notice in statutory instrument.
- Control of picking of specially protected indigenous plants.
- Permit to pick specially protected indigenous plants.
- Sale of specially protected indigenous plants controlled.
- Permit to sell specially protected indigenous plants.
- Application of this Part.
- Control of picking of indigenous plants.
- Permission to pick indigenous plants.
- Minister may prohibit persons from picking indigenous plants.
- Appointment of commissioner.
HUNTING, REMOVAL, VIEWING AND SALE OF ANIMALSANDANIMALPRODUCTS
- Control of hunting, removal and sale of live animals and animal products.
- Minister may prohibit or restrict hunting and removal of animals in defined areas.
- Killing or injury of animals in self-defence.
- Destruction of dogs.
- Report of killing of animals or injury of animals other than dangerous animals.
- Report of injury of dangerous animals.