- Download 209
- File Size 238.25 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date June 30, 2020
- Last Updated June 30, 2020
LAND SURVEYORS ACT
Act 12/1987, 22/2001 (s. 4), 3/2007 (s. 4).
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
- Short title.
COUNCIL OFLAND SURVEYORS
- Council of Land Surveyors.
- Composition of Council.
- Qualifications and disqualifications for appointment to Council.
- Tenure and conditions of office of members of Council.
- Vacation of office by members of Council.
- Power of Minister to dismiss or suspend members of Council.
- Filling of vacancies on Council.
- Chairman and vice-chairman of Council.
- Meetings and procedure of Council.
- Remuneration of members of Council.
COUNCIL STAFF, REGISTER AND REGISTRATION 13. Appointment of Registrar of Land Surveyors and of other officers of Council.
- Register of Land Surveyors.
- Prohibition from practising by unregistered persons.
- Registration of land surveyors.
- Registration of non-practising land surveyors.
- Qualifications for registration as land surveyor-in-training.
- Registration of land surveyors-in-training.
- Registration of land survey technicians.
- Offences in connection with registration, Register and certificates of registration.
CANCELLATION OF REGISTRATION, DISCIPLINARY INQUIRIES AND PENALTIES
- Cancellation of registration.
- Inquiries by Council into charges of misconduct.
- Penalties in relation to inquiries.
- Penalties for improper or disgraceful conduct.
- Powers of Council in respect of misconduct outside Zimbabwe.
- Initial and annual registration fee.
- Issue of duplicate certificates of registration.
- Restoration to Register.
- Appeals against decisions of Council.
- Registrar to give information and to comply with directions of Council, etc.
- Limitation of actions against Council, its members and officials.
- Powers of Council in respect of its finances.
- Rules of Council.
First Schedule: Declaration.
Second Schedule: Form of Summons to Appear Before Council of Land Surveyors.
AN ACT to provide for the registration of land surveyors, non-practising land surveyors, land surveyors-in-training and land survey technicians; to provide for the continued existence of the Council of Land. Surveyors and for its functions; and to provide for matters incidental to or connected with the foregoing.
[Date of commencement: 18th March, 1988.]
1 Short title
This Act may be cited as the Land Surveyors Act [Chapter 27:06].
In this Act—
“annual registration fee” means the annual registration fee determined and levied in terms of subsection (2) of section twenty-seven;
“certificate of registration” means a certificate of registration, including a duplicate thereof, issued to a land surveyor, land surveyor-in-training or land survey technician in terms of this Act;
“Council” means the Council of Land Surveyors referred to in section three;
“fixed date” means the 18th March, 1988;
“initial registration fee” means the initial registration fee determined and charged in terms of subsection (1) of section twenty-seven;
“land survey technician” means a person who—
- is registered as a land survey technician in terms of section twenty; or
- is deemed to be registered as a land survey technician in terms of paragraph (c) of subsection (2)
of section thirty-five;
“land surveyor” means a person who is recognized as a land surveyor for the purposes of the Land Survey Act [Chapter 20:12] and—
- is registered as such in terms of section sixteen; or
- is deemed to be registered as such in terms of paragraph (c) of subsection (2) of section thirty-
“land surveyor-in-training” means a person registered as a land surveyor-in-training in terms of section nineteen or paragraph (c) of subsection (2) of section thirty-five;
“member” means a member of the Council;
“Minister” means the Minister of Lands and Water Resources or any other Minister to whom the President may, from time to time, assign the administration of this Act;
“non-practising land surveyor” means a person registered as a non-practising land surveyor in terms of section seventeen;
“prescribed” means prescribed by the Council in rules made under section thirty-four or continued in force in terms of paragraph (a) of subsection (2) of section thirty-five;
“Register” means the Register of Land Surveyors maintained in terms of section fourteen;
“Registrar” means the Registrar of Land Surveyors appointed in terms of section thirteen;
“repealed Act” means the Land Surveyors Registration Act [Chapter 221 of 1974];
“specified foreign licence” means a licence declared by the Minister to be a specified foreign licence in terms of section eighteen;
You are doing a wonderful jib. Thank you so much and keep it up.
I’m a Surveyor and I’m interested in Land and Property Law