- Download 0
- File Size 510.59 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date July 25, 2020
- Last Updated July 26, 2020
Act 4/2002, 3/2003, 6/2005 (s. 20), 12/2007).
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
- Short title and date of commencement.
ESTABLISHMENT, FUNCTIONS AND POWERS OF ELECTRICITYCOMMISSION
- Establishment of Commission.
- Objects and functions of Commission.
- Terms of office and conditions of service of Commissioners.
- Disqualifications for appointment as Commissioner.
- Vacation of office by Commissioner.
- Dismissal or suspension of Commissioners.
- Filling of vacancies on Commission.
- Chairman and vice-chairman of Commission.
- Meetings and procedure of Commission.
- Remuneration and expenses of Commissioners.
- Commissioners to disclose certain connections and interests.
- Validity of decisions and acts of Commission.
- Proceedings of Commission.
- Decisions and orders of Commission to be in writing.
- Commission to give notice to interested parties.
19, Commission to consult experts on technical questions.
- Hearings by Commission.
- Questions of law may be referred to High Court.
- Powers of Commission to summon witnesses and to take evidence at hearings.
- Penalty for witness failing to attend hearing or give evidence or produce documents.
- Penalty for giving false evidence at hearing.
- Annual programmes and budgets of Commission.
- Funds of Commission.
- Surplus funds of Commission to be appropriated to Rural Electrification Fund.
- Financial year of Commission.
- Accounts of Commission.
- Audit of Commission’s accounts.
- Powers of auditors.
- Imposition of levies.
- Withdrawal, suspension or increase of levies.
- Recovery of unpaid levies.
MISCELLANEOUSPROVISIONS RELATING TO COMMISSION
- Minister may give policy directions
- Execution of contracts and instruments by Commission.
- Reports of Commission.
- Staff of Commission.
- Exemption from liability for Commission.
- Licensing requirements.
- General duties of licensees.
- Generation licence.
- Transmission and bulk supply licences.
- Distribution and retail supply licences.
- Restrictions on licensees.
- Licence applications.
- Terms and conditions of licences.
- Renewal of licences.
- Amendment of licences.
- Enforcement of licences.
- Cancellation of licences.
- Pricing methodology and accounting procedures.
- Electricity tariffs and prices.
- Special provisions relating to transmission and distribution licensees.
- Use of certain conduits for electricity purposes.
- Notice of construction of railways and telecommunication works and control of other works.
CONSUMER PROTECTION AND LICENCEEPERFORMANCESTANDARDS
- Consumer protection standards
- Performance standards and codes
COMPETITIONAND MARKET POWER 59. Regulated services: competition and market power.
- False statements and declarations.
60A. Offences in relation to electric current and apparatus.
- Dispute resolution
- Disclosure of confidential information and use of information acquired by inspectors, etc., for personal gain.
TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS, REPEALSAND SAVINGS
- Interpretation of Part XIII
- Formation of successor companies
- Initial and future shareholding in successor companies.
- Transfer of assets and liabilities of Authority to successor companies
- Issue of securities in consideration for transfer of assets
- Conversion of loans transferred to successor companies.
- Transfer of employees to successor companies and conditions of service of transferred employees
- Minister may give directions to Authority
- Successor companies deemed to be licensed 76. Repeal of Cap 13:05
- Savings and transitional provisions.
First Schedule : Ancillary powers of Commission.
Second Schedule : Rights, powers and duties of transmission or distribution licensees.
To provide for the establishment of the Zimbabwe Electricity Regulatory Commission; to provide for its functions and management; to provide for the licensing and regulation of the generation, transmission, distribution and supply of electricity; to provide for the repeal of the Electricity Act [Chapter 13:05] and to provide for matters incidental to or connected with the foregoing.
[Date of commencement: 1st August, 2003.]