- Category Acts Of Parliament
- Downloads 3283
- File Size 259.92 KB
- File Count 1
- File Views 1305
- Create Date July 25, 2020
- Last Updated July 26, 2020
Road Motor Transportation Act
Acts 1/1999, 6/2000, 22/2001 (s. 4); S.I 262/2007.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
- Short title and date of commencement.
COMMISSIONER OF ROAD TRANSPORT AND OTHER OFFICERS
- Commissioner of Road Transport and other officers.
- Persons to advise Commissioner.
- Commissioner to keep records.
- General powers of Commissioner.
OPERATIONOF GOODS VEHICLES AND PASSENGERTRANSPORT SERVICES
- Requirements for operation of goods vehicles or passenger transport services.
- Application for operator’s licence.
- Issue or refusal of operator’s licence.
- Form and period of validity of operator’s licence.
- Operator’s licence not transferable.
- Route authority.
- Publication of routes and fares and display of route authority.
- Renewal of licences and authorities.
- Amendment of licences and authorities.
- Duplicate licences and authorities.
- Power of Commissioner to suspend, cancel or amend licence or authority.
- Obligations of holder of operator’s licence.
- Minister may suspend issue of operators’ licences.
- Commissioner may invite applications for provision of transport services.
- Circumstances in which Commissioner may issue foreign licence.
- Application for foreign licence.
- Issue or refusal of foreign licence.
- Form and period of validity of foreign licence.
- Conduct permitted under foreign licence.
- Cancellation of foreign licence by Minister.
- Application of certain provisions of Act to foreign licences.
- Recognition of licences and other documents issued outside Zimbabwe.
EXAMINERS, INSPECTING OFFICERSAND INSPECTION OF VEHICLES
- Inspecting officers.
- Issue of certificates of fitness.
- Examination of vehicles.
- Power to stop and inspect vehicles and require information.
- Appeals against decisions of Commissioner.
- Appeals against decisions of examiners, inspecting officers, etc.
ADDITIONAL OFFENCES AND PENALTIES
- Conveyance of more passengers on vehicle than are permitted.
- Conveyance of passengers on vehicle not permitted to do so.
- Conveyance of excess goods.
- Failure to observe terms or conditions of licence or authority.
- Touting for custom.
- Passenger entering full omnibus.
- Forgery of documents.
- Non-payment of fare.
- Minister may prohibit use of certain vehicles.
- Minister may prohibit conveyance of certain goods.
- Relaxation of Act to facilitate certain works.
- Licence to remain valid under certain circumstances.
- No refund of certain fees.
- Recovery of fares in certain cases.
- Evidence and presumptions.
- Repeal of Cap. 13:10.
- Transitional provisions and savings.
AN ACT to provide for the control of certain forms of road transportation; to repeal the Road Motor Transportation Act [Chapter 13:10]; and to provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
[Date of commencement: 1st July 1998]