- Download 735
- File Size 594.85 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date July 25, 2020
- Last Updated July 26, 2020
Acts 27/1972, 11/1973, 39/1973 (s. 44), 56/1973, 37/1974, 23/1975, 35/1976 (s.35), 51/1976, 2/1978, 41/1978 (s.
8), 15/1979 (s. 35), 32/1979 (s. 5), 29/1981 (s. 59), 21/1985 (s. 45), 3/1992, 8/1993; 9/1997 (s. 10), 22/2001 (s. 4), 6/2005 (s. 16). S.Is. 363/1983, 324/1986.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS PART I
- Short title.
ORGANIZATION, COMMAND AND ADMINISTRATION OF DEFENCE FORCES
- Defence Forces.
- Constitution of Army and Air Force.
- Units of Defence Forces.
- Reserve Forces.
- Appointment of Commander of Defence Forces.
- Conditions of service of Commander.
- Functions of Commander.
- Delegation of Commander’s functions.
- Commanders of Army and Air Force.
- Appointment of boards.
- Defence Council.
APPOINTMENT, PROMOTION, DISCHARGE ANDCONDITIONS OF SERVICE OF MEMBERS OF THEDEFENCE FORCES
- Oath on attestation.
- Appointment and promotion of officers.
- Retirement of officers.
- Resignation of officers.
- Cancellation of commission and discharge of officer.
- Appointment, promotion, reduction in rank and dismissal of non-commissioned members.
- Appointment or promotion for distinguished service.
- Acting rank.
- Policy directive and general considerations re appointments and promotions.
- Reduction in rank of non-commissioned officers.
- Suspension of members.
- Discharge on redundancy.
- Discharge or dismissal of members other than officers.
- Conditions of service of members.
- Attachment and posting of persons to and from other Military Forces.
- Attachment and secondment of members to Public Service.
- National Service.
DEFENCE FORCES SERVICE COMMISSION
- Terms of office of commissioners.
- Resignation of commissioners.
- Conditions of service of commissioners.
- Functions of Commission.
- Procedure of Commission.
- Staff of Commission.
- Reports of Commission.
- Validity of acts and decisions of Commission.
MILITARY OFFENCES, POWERS OF ARREST, SEARCH AND DETENTION
- Application of First Schedule.
- Power to arrest offenders.
- Search of members or premises.
- Arrest, search and trial of member of a Reserve Force.
- Provisions for avoiding delay after arrest.
- Remand warrants.
JURISDICTION OF MILITARYCOURTS AND CIVIL COURTS, PROCEDURE AND EVIDENCE
- Jurisdiction of military courts.
- Limitations of jurisdiction of military courts.
- Jurisdiction of civil courts.
- Courts martial.
- Convening general court martial.
- Convening district court martial.
- Place for sitting of courts martial and adjournment.
- Courts martial to sit in open court in presence of accused.
- Challenges by accused.
- Accused of unsound mind.
- Appointment and functions of judge advocate.
- Law to be observed by courts martial.
- Judicial notice.
- Decisions of courts martial.
- Finding and sentence.
- Restitution or confiscation of property.
- Conviction of offence other than that charged.
- Review of proceedings of courts martial.
- Powers of confirming authority.
- Reconsideration of findings of courts martial.
- Evidence of proceedings of courts martial.
- Proof of outcome of civil trial.
- Offences in relation to military courts.
- False evidence.
PUNISHMENT AND EXECUTION OF SENTENCE
- Interpretation in Part VII.
- Punishment of officers.
- Punishment of other ranks.
- Courts martial to impose one sentence only in respect of all charges.
- Reconsideration of sentences.
- Postponement or suspension of sentence by military courts.
- Execution of death sentence.
- Recovery of fines.
- Warrants of committal.
COURT MARTIAL APPEAL COURT
- Interpretation in Part VIII.
- Establishment, practice and procedure of Court Martial Appeal Court.
- Determination of appeal against conviction.
- Powers of Appeal Court.
- Powers of Appeal Court to obtain further evidence.
- Written presentation of appellant’s case.
- Attendance of appellant at hearing of appeal.
- Stay of execution of death sentence.
- No retrial where conviction quashed.
- Enforcement of orders, etc.
CANTONMENTS AND PROTECTED AREAS
- Declaration of cantonments.
- Prohibition of entry into cantonments.
- Authority to enter cantonments.
- Right of way and loitering.
- Cantonment police.
- Protected areas.
SPECIAL POWERS IN RELATION TO DEFENCE
- Commandeering and billeting.
- Expropriation of land for defence purposes.
- Protection of defence stores.
- President may publish defence agreements.
- Unauthorized sale or wearing of uniforms, etc.
- Forgery of military documents, impersonation and unlawful possession of such documents.
- Obstructing Defence Forces.
- Harbouring, aiding or inducing members of Defence Forces to dereliction of duty. 104. Refusing information or giving false information.
- General penalties.
- Sale or supply of liquor at mess of canteen.
106A. General offence: failure to comply with provisions of Act.
- General provisions as to evidence.
- Administration of oaths.
- Declaration of active service.
- Deductions for barrack damage.
- Establishment or declaration of detention barracks.
- Powers in connection with training.
FIRST SCHEDULE: Military Offences.
SECOND SCHEDULE: Conviction of Offence Other than that Charged.