- File Size 87.45 KB
- File Count
- Create Date July 26, 2020
- Last Updated July 26, 2020
Zimbabwe International Trade Fair Act
Acts 17/1963, 6/1967 (s. 15), 39/1973 (s. 16), 6/1975, 3/1979 (s 127), 9/1984; R.G.N.s 216/1970, 1135/1975, 22/2001 (s. 4); S.I. 468/1979, 236/1980.
AN ACT to make special provision with respect to certain trading licences in connection with a certain trade fair which is held annually at Bulawayo and to confer on the Minister certain powers which it is expedient he should be enabled to exercise for purposes connected with such fair.
[Date of commencement: 5th April, 1963.]
1 Short title
This Act may be cited as the Zimbabwe International Trade Fair Act [Chapter 14:26].
In this Act—
“area of the Fair” means the area of land which has been set aside for the purposes of the Fair;
“Fair” means the trade fair known as Zimbabwe International Trade Fair which is held each year at Bulawayo by the Bulawayo Agricultural Society.
“Minister” means the Minister of Local Government, Rural and Urban Development or any other Minister to whom the President may, from time to time, assign the administration of this Act.
- The Minister may make such regulations as appear to him to be necessary or expedient for facilitating the conduct of the Fair and for ensuring public safety, peace and good order at the Fair.
- Such regulations may—
- make provision for the issue of special licences or permits for the sale or supply of intoxicating liquor, on such days and during such hours as the Minister may fix by notice in a statutory instrument for the purposes of the regulations, for consumption within the area of the Fair on such premises or in such places as may be specified in the licence or permit, subject to such conditions as may be prescribed or specified in the licence or permit;
- restrict, regulate or control the entry to, presence in or departure from, the area of the Fair of persons, animals or things;
- restrict, regulate or control the consumption within the area of the Fair of any intoxicating liquor;
- provide penalties for any breach thereof but no such penalty shall exceed a fine of level four or imprisonment for a period of three months or both such fine and such imprisonment.
[Paragraph as amended by section 4 of Act No. 22 of 2001]
(3) Any such regulation and any order or instrument duly made in pursuance of such a regulation shall have effect notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in any law other than this Act or in any instrument having effect by reason of any law other than this Act but shall have effect only during such period in each year as the Minister may, by notice in a statutory instrument, declare.
4 Sale or supply of liquor
Any person wishing to sell or supply liquor at the Fair may apply for a temporary retail liquor licence or extended hours (occasional) liquor licence in terms of the Liquor Act [Chapter 14:12].