- Download 359
- File Size 341.08 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date June 30, 2020
- Last Updated June 30, 2020
MANPOWER PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT
Act 24/1994, 22/2001 (s. 4), 1/2001.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
- Short title.
- Application of Act.
TECHNICAL, VOCATIONAL ANDUNIVERSITYEDUCATION
- Promotion of technical and vocational education.
- Classification of technical or vocational institutions and teachers colleges.
- Establishment of Government institutions, facilities, schemes, etc.
- Fees payable at Government institutions.
- Non-Government institutions to be registered.
- Registration of non-Government institutions.
- Cancellation of registration of non-Government institutions.
- Appeals regarding registration.
- Prohibition of further operations after cancellation of registration.
- Refund for fees paid to institution whose registration is cancelled.
- Grants and loans to institutions, persons, etc.
- Duty of employers in relation to employment of certain former students.
- Amenities funds.
- Maintenance of records at institutions.
- Restrictions on training in designated trades.
NATIONALMANPOWER ADVISORY COUNCIL
- Establishment and functions of Council.
- Appointment of members of Council.
- Disqualifications for appointment to Council.
- Terms and conditions of office of members of Council.
- Vacation of office by members of Council.
- Suspension of members of Council.
- Filling of vacancies on Council.
- Chairman and vice-chairman of Council.
- Meetings and procedure of Council.
- Committees of Council.
- Minutes of proceedings of Council and committees.
- Remuneration and allowances of members of Council and committees.
- Guidance of professional bodies in respect of national manpower requirements.
APPRENTICESHIPTRAINING AND SKILLED WORKER CERTIFICATION
- Designation of trades and prescription of conditions of apprenticeship and skilled worker certification.
- Employment in designated trades.
- Registration of persons as candidates for apprenticeship.
- Registration of employers.
- Recruitment of apprentices by employers.
- Register of apprentices, employers and contracts of apprenticeship.
- Contracts of apprenticeship.
- Credit for previous training or experience.
- Contract of apprenticeship not affected by lawful strike or lockout.
- Extension of period of apprenticeship.
- Transfer, modification and rescission of contacts of apprenticeship.
- Completion of contracts of apprenticeship.
- Certification of skilled workers.
- Cancellation and suspension of certificates of skilled worker qualification.
- Appeals against decisions of Secretary.
ZIMBABWE MANPOWER DEVELOPMENTFUND
- Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund.
- Application of Fund.
- Advances to Fund.
- Accounts and audit of Fund.
- Financial year of Fund.
- Holding of Fund.
- Imposition of levies.
- Payment, collection and recovery of levies.
- Amended levy assessments.
CHIEF EXECUTIVEOF FUND AND OTHER EMPLOYEES
- Appointment and remuneration of Chief Executive of Fund.
- Functions of Chief Executive and other employees.
MANPOWER RESEARCH AND PLANNING
- Manpower surveys and plans.
- Power to obtain information.
- Powers to enter and inspect and obtain information.
- Information to be kept confidential.
- Delegation of functions by Secretary.
- Establishment and administration of Government scholarship schemes.
- Sale of products of practical training.
- Recognition of associations of lecturers.
- Continuing offences.
- Certificates as evidence.
- Presumption re conduct of institution.
- Savings and transitional provisions.
- Additional savings and recalculation of certain levies
AN ACT to provide for the establishment, maintenance and operation of technical or vocational institutions, universities, teachers colleges and vocational training schemes and to provide for and promote the research, planning and development of human resources; to provide for the establishment and functions of a National Manpower Advisory Council; to provide for the training of apprentices and the certification of skilled workers; to provide for the continued existence of the Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund and for the imposition of levies to finance manpower development and for other purposes; and to provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
[Date of commencement: 1st November, 1995.]
1 Short title
This Act may be cited as the Manpower Planning and Development Act [Chapter 28:02].
(1) In this Act—
“apprentice” means any person employed in a designated trade under a registered contract of apprenticeship;
“certificate of skilled worker qualification” means a certificate of skilled worker qualification issued in terms of section forty-four;
“Chief Executive” means the Chief Executive of the Fund appointed in terms of section fifty-six;
“committee” means a committee of the Council established in terms of section twenty-eight;
“Council” means the National Manpower Advisory Council established in terms of section nineteen;
“designated trade” means a trade declared to be a designated trade in terms of section thirty-two;
“employee” means any person employed by or working for an employer, whether on a permanent, temporary or contract basis; “employer” means—