- Download 1
- File Size 226.36 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date June 22, 2020
- Last Updated June 22, 2020
HOUSING AND BUILDING ACT(CHAPTER 22:07)
HOUSING AND BUILDING ACT
Acts 9/1979, 39/1979, 5/1980, 44/1981, 42/1983, 25/1984, 8/1988 (s. 164), 5/1995, 22/2001 (s. 4), 23/2004 (s. 282).
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
- Short title.
- Establishment of Housing and Guarantee Funds.
- Minister may guarantee certain loans.
- Minister may advance moneys and purchase and let dwellings.
- Application of Housing and Guarantee Funds.
- Transfer of money to another Fund.
ALTERNATIVE PROCEDURE TO FORECLOSURE ON MORTGAGEDEFAULTS
- Application of this Part.
- Effect of certificate.
- Acquisition of property by Minister.
- Allocation of property or money between Funds.
- No stamp duty, etc.
- Establishment of Building Funds.
- Power of Minister under this Part.
- Transfer of money to another fund.
- Application of National Housing Fund.
- Establishment of rates funds.
- Application of rates fund.
- Moneys may be held in rates fund on behalf of National Housing Fund.
- Dissolution of rates fund.
RENTCONTROL AND AVOIDANCEOFCERTAINLEASES
- Rent boards and Rent Appeal Board.
- Rent regulations.
24A. Avoidance of leases of premises used as brothels PART VII
- Holding of Funds.
- Accounts and audit.
- Powers of entry and inspection.
- Remedy of Minister against defaulting mortgagors.
- Financial year.
- Registration of immovable property.
- Liquor licence not to be issued to boarding-house in respect of which a guarantee is in force.
- Savings in respect of changes of areas.
[Date of commencement: 2nd February, 1979.]
1 Short title
This Act may be cited as the Housing and Building Act [Chapter 22:07].
In this Act—
“boarding-house” means any premises in respect of which the business of supplying accommodation or food and accommodation for reward is carried on but does not include—
- premises in which accommodation is provided for fewer than five persons who are not members of the family of the person by whom the said business is carried on; or
- a club; or
- a lodging-house, hostel or other similar premises provided for school children or by a charitable
- premises in respect of which a current licence for the sale of liquor has been granted under the Liquor Act [Chapter 14:12];
“build”, in relation to a dwelling or boarding-house, includes to augment, extend, repair or maintain such dwelling or boarding-house;
“declared area” means an area declared to be a declared area in terms of subsection (2) of section eighteen;
“dwelling” means a building, or part of a building, including a flat, designed as a dwelling for a single family and includes the usual appurtenances and outbuildings and such services and other improvements as may be approved by the Minister;
“Housing and Guarantee Fund” means the Fund referred to in section three;
“local authority” means—
- a municipal council, town council or local board established in terms of the Urban Councils Act [Chapter 29:15];
- a rural district council established in terms of the Rural District Councils Act [Chapter 29:13];
“Minister” means the Minister of National Housing and Public Construction or any other Minister to whom the President may, from time to time, assign the administration of this Act; “National Housing Fund” means the Fund referred to in section fourteen; “rates fund” means a rates fund established in terms of Part V.
HOUSINGAND GUARANTEE FUNDS