- Download 593
- File Size 590.98 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date June 21, 2020
- Last Updated June 21, 2020
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT ACT
Act 13/2002, 5/2004 (s. 23), 6/2005 (s. 28)
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
- Short title and date of commencement.
- Application of this Act in relation to other laws.
GENERAL PRINCIPLES OFENVIRONMENTALMANAGEMENT ANDFUNCTIONS OFMINISTER
- Environmental rights and principles of environmental management.
- General functions of Minister.
- Delegation of powers by the Minister.
NATIONAL ENVIRONMENT COUNCIL
- Establishment of a National Environmental Council.
- Duties and functions of the Council.
- Establishment of Environmental Management Agency.
- Functions and powers of Agency.
ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT BOARD
- Establishment of Environment Management Board.
- Composition of Board.
- Disqualifications for membership of Board.
- Terms of office and conditions of service of members of Board.
- Vacation of office by members of Board.
- Filling of vacancies on Board.
- Chairman and vice-chairman of Board.
- Co-opted members of Board.
- Meetings and procedure of Board.
- Committees of Board.
- Minutes of proceedings of Board and of committees.
- Remuneration and allowances of members of Board and of committees.
- Directions to Board.
- Reports of Board.
- Board to have access to all Ministers.
- Board to consult experts on technical questions.
- Hearings by Board.
- Powers of Board to summon witnesses and take evidence at hearings.
- Penalty for witness failing to attend hearing or give evidence or produce documents.
- Penalty for giving false evidence at hearing.
- Board may refer questions of law to High Court.
- Proof of recommendations and decisions of Board.
- Safeguarding State interests.
STAFF OF AGENCY
- Appointment and functions of Director-General.
- Inspectors and other officers.
- Monitoring functions of Director-General, inspectors and other officers.
- Powers of officers and inspectors.
- Execution of contracts and instruments by Agency.
- Reports of Agency.
- Minister may require statistics and information.
- Investigation into affairs of Agency.
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS RELATING TOAGENCY
- Funds of Agency.
- Investment of moneys not immediately required by Agency.
- Financial year of Agency.
- Accounts of Agency.
- Accounts of Agency.
- Audit of Agency’s accounts.
- Internal Auditor.
- Establishment of Environment Fund.
- Composition of Fund.
- Environment Levy.
- Administration of Fund.
- Application of Fund.
- Financial year of Fund.
- Books of account and audit of Fund.
- Establishment of a Standards and Enforcement Committee.
- Functions of the Standards and Enforcement Committee.
- Water pollution prohibition.
- Duty to supply plant information to the Board.
- Effluent to be discharged only into sewerage system.
- Licence to discharge effluents.
- Cancellation of effluent discharge licence.
- Register of effluent discharge licences.
- Air quality standards.
- Licensing emissions.
- Application for emission licence.
- Cancellation of emission licence.
- Register of emission licences.
- Emission by motor vehicles and other conveyances.
- Standards for waste.
- Prohibition against discharge and disposal of wastes.
- Application for waste licence.
- Hazardous waste.
- Prohibition of discharge of hazardous substances, chemicals and materials or oil into the environment.
- Standards of pesticides and toxic substances.
- Application for registration of pesticides and toxic substances.
- Registration of pesticides and toxic substances 77. Offences relating to pesticides and toxic substances.
- Seizure of pesticides and toxic substance.
- Standards for noise.
- Noise in excess of established standards prohibited.
- Exemption in respect of noise standards.
- Standards for the control of noxious smells.
- Prohibition against littering.
- National Environmental Plan 88 .Contents of National Plan.
- Invitation of public comment.
- Confirmation of National Plan.
- Operative National Plan to be open to public.
- Effect of operative National Plan.
- Changes to operative National Plan.
- Review and replacement of operative National Plan.
- Local authority environmental action plan.
- Environmental management plans.
ENVIRONMENTALIMPACT ASSESSMENT, AUDIT AND MONITORINGOF PROJECTS
- Projects for which environmental impact assessment required.
- Developer to submit prospectus.
- Contents of environmental impact assessment report.
- Consideration of environmental impact assessment report and issue of certificate.
- Period of validity of certificate.
- Register of certificates.
- Transfer of certificates prohibited.
- Amendment, suspension or cancellation of certificate.
- Developer to notify Director-General if project not implemented or altered.
- Environmental audit of projects.
- Developers to minimise adverse effect of projects on environment.
- Inspection of environmental impact assessment reports.