- Download 0
- File Size 317.81 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date June 19, 2020
- Last Updated July 24, 2020
DEEDS REGISTRIES ACT
Acts 10/1959, 43/1962, (s. 2), 46/1962, 22/1964, (s. 54), 38/1964 (s. 25), 9/1968, 6/1971 (s. 69), 77/1971,
57/1972, (s. 20), 6/1973, 39/1973, (s. 21), 42/1974, 22/1976 (s. 87), 5/1979, 8/1980, 15/1981, 32/1981, 4/1983,
18/1989 (s. 18), 2/1991, 23/1991, 5/1998, 14/1999, 22/2001 (s. 4); R.G.N.s 801/1963, 214/1964, 217/1970, 144/1973, 1135/1975.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
- Short title.
- Deeds registries.
- Appointment of officers.
- Duties of registrars.
- Powers of registrars.
- Transactions affecting land in both areas defined in Schedule.
- Registered deeds not to be cancelled except upon order of court.
- Inspection of records and supply of information. PART III
- When registration takes place.
- Deeds to follow sequence of their relative causes.
- Registration of land or real right in favour of trustee.
- Preparation of deeds.
- How real rights shall be transferred.
- Special provisions relating to women.
Transfer of Land
- Transfer of State land.
- Registration of real rights in State land.
- Cancellation of title deeds on direction of Minister.
- Form and manner of execution of deeds of transfer.
- Particulars required in deed.
- Diagram deeds.
- Necessity for diagrams despite issue of dispensation certificate.
- Transfer from joint estate.
- Transfer of two or more pieces of land by one deed.
- Transfer of undivided shares in land by one deed.
- Special provisions relating to transfer of undivided shares.
- Special provisions relating to undivided shares with exclusive right of occupation.
- Transfer to unascertained children.
- Deeds of partition transfer.
- Requisites where share in land partitioned is mortgaged.
- Requisites where share in land partitioned is subject to other rights.
- Effect of compliance with sections 30 and 31.
- Partition of land subject to fidei commissum.
Substituted Title Deeds
- Certificate of registered title of undivided share.
- Certificate of registered title of aggregate share.
- Certificate of registered title of one or more properties held under one deed.
- Conditions governing issue of certificates of registered title.
- Certificate of registered title taking place of lost or destroyed deed.
- Certificate of registered title to correct error in registration.
- Certificate of consolidated title of two or more pieces of land.
- Certificate of registered title of portion of piece of land.
Rectification of Title by Endorsement
- Rectification of title by endorsement.
- Transfer or cession by means of endorsement.
- Execution of bonds.
- Requirements in case of bonds intended to cover future advances.
- Cession of bond to secure future advances.
- Exclusion of general clause in mortgage bonds.
- Passing of bonds in favour of agents.
- Requirements in case of bonds passed by or in favour of two or more persons.
Rights of Mortgagees
- Transfer of hypothecated property.
- Substitution of debtor in respect of bond.
- Notice by Master in connection with insolvent estates and further provisions relative to insolvent estates.
- Endorsement of bond after sale in execution.
- Consent of bond holder to registration of merger of rights of mortgagor.
Notarial Bonds 55. Where notarial bond to be registered.
RIGHTS IN IMMOVABLE PROPERTY
- Restriction on registration of rights in immovable property.
- Creation of servitudes.
- Requirements for preparation and submission of deed of servitude.
- Restriction on registration of certain personal servitudes.
- Cancellation of registration of servitude.
- Transfer and mortgage of land with personal servitude thereon.
- Joint transactions by fiduciary and fidei
- Certain restrictive conditions to be of no force and effect and certain alienations, etc., of property not to be invalid on certain grounds.
- Sale of land on instalments.
- Registration of leases and sub-leases.
- Termination of registered lease.
- Where lease to be registered.
- Cessions of leases and sub-leases.
- No hypothecation of leases and sub-leases.
- Bonds hypothecating leases or sub-leases.
- Cancellation of registration on lapse of certain registered rights.
- Transfer and cession not to be passed as security.
- Transfer of immovable property by executor.
- Transfer duty to be paid before transfer.
- Registration of change of name.
- Renumbering of properties.
- Deletion of conditions of title.