- Download 0
- File Size 273.15 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date June 19, 2020
- Last Updated June 19, 2020
AGRICULTURAL LAND SETTLEMENT ACT (CHAPTER 20:01)
AGRICULTURAL LAND SETTLEMENTACT
Acts 59/1969, 4/1971, (s. 39), 59/1973, 29/1974, 42/1975, 42/1976 (s. 9), 22/1977, 21/1978, 8/1988, 18/1989 (s.
17), 22/1992 (s. 6),14/1999 (s. 29), 2/2000, 22/2001 (s. 4) 13/2002 (s.142); R.G.N. 217/1970; S.I. 675/1979.
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title.
AGRICULTURAL LANDSETTLEMENT BOARD
3. Establishment and constitution of Agricultural Land Settlement Board.
4. Chairman and deputy chairman of Board.
5. Terms of office and conditions of service of members.
6. Disqualification for appointment as member.
6A. Vacation of office by member.
6B. Minister may require member to vacate office or may suspend him.
6C. Filling of vacancies.
6D. Meetings and decisions of Board.
6E. Committees of Board.
6F. Minutes of proceedings of Board and committees.
6G. Secretary of Board.
6H. Remuneration and expenses of members of Board and committees.
6I. Members of Board and committees to disclose certain connections and interests.
6J. Right of certain officers to attend meetings, etc., of Board and committees.
6K. Validity of decisions and acts of board.
FUNCTIONS OF BOARD
6L. Functions of Board.
6M. Board may recommend schemes and other provisions. 6N. Board to report annually.
7. Minister may make provision for land settlement, etc.
8. Minister may issue leases.
9. Application for leases to be referred to Board.
10. Matters to be considered by Board.
11. Issue of lease.
12. President may retake for public purposes.
13. Prohibition of cession, etc.
14. Grant of title.
15. Insolvency of lessee.
16. Death or insanity of lessee.
17. Termination or cancellation of lease.
18. Rights and duties on termination or cancellation of lease.
CONTROL AND OCCUPATION OFAGRICULTURALLAND
20. Minister may require Board to carry out investigation.
21. Duty of Board to carry out investigations and report.
22. Minister may give order to owner or lessee.
23. Minister may give order to occupiers.
24. Minister to give notice of proposal to make order.
25. Minister may revoke or vary order.
26. Extension of time.
27. Appeal against order.
28. Entry upon land for purpose of this Part.
AGRICULTURAL LAND SETTLEMENT APPEALBOARD
30. Establishment of Agricultural Land Settlement Appeal Board.
31. Composition of Appeal Board.
32. Powers of Appeal Board.
33. Minister to comply with recommendations.
34. Finality of decisions of Appeal Board.
35. Regulations relating to Appeal Board.
36. Appointment of inspectors.
37. Entry upon land.
38. Offences and penalties.
AN ACT to provide for the establishment of an Agricultural Land Settlement Board and to prescribe the functions and duties thereof; to provide for the settlement of persons on, and the alienation of, agricultural land; and to provide for matters incidental to and connected with the foregoing.
[Date of commencement: 1st January, 1970.]
1 Short title
This Act may be cited as the Agricultural Land Settlement Act [Chapter 20:01].
(1) In this Act—
“alienate” includes lease;
“appeal board” means the Agricultural Land Settlement Appeal Board established in terms of Part V;
“Board” means the Agricultural Land Settlement Board established by section three;
“farm” means any area of land which is not within— (a) parks and wild life land or forest land; or
- (b) a municipal area, town area or local government area as defined in the Urban Councils Act [Chapter 29:15];
- (c) a town ward of a rural district council or an area that has been declared a specified area in terms of the Rural District Councils Act [Chapter 29:13]; or
- (d) the area of any township as defined in the Land Survey Act [Chapter 20:12]; or
- (e) State land the layout of which has been approved in terms of— (i) section 127 of the Town and Country Planning Act [Chapter 213 of 1974]; or
- (ii) section 43 of the Regional, Town and Country Planning Act [Chapter 20:12];
“holding” means land leased in terms of this Act;
“lease” includes the tenure of a holding after the right to purchase the holding has been exercised and until title has been issued in respect thereof;