- Download 280
- File Size 348.79 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date July 25, 2020
- Last Updated July 26, 2020
Civil Aviation Act
Act 7/1998, 22/2001 (s. 4).
- Short title and date of commencement.
- Application of Act and Chicago Convention.
ESTABLISHMENT, OBJECTS AND FUNCTIONS OFCIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY OFZIMBABWE
- Establishment of Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe.
- Objects of Authority.
- Functions of Authority.
- Policy directions as to exercise of Authority’s functions.
- Execution of contracts and instruments of Authority.
- Reports, plans and programmes of Authority.
- Board of Authority.
- Disqualifications for appointment to Board.
- Terms and conditions of office of members.
- Vacation of office by members.
- Minister may require member to vacate his office or may suspend him.
- Dismissal of Board.
- Filling of vacancies on Board.
- Chairman and vice-chairman of Board.
- Meetings and procedure of Board.
- Committees of Board.
- Members of Board and committees to declare connection with companies and firms dealing with Authority.
- Remuneration and allowances of members of Board and committees.
- Minutes of proceedings of Board and committees.
- Validity of decisions and acts of Board and committees.
- General Manager of Authority.
- Secretary of Authority.
- Other staff of Authority.
ISSUE OFSHARES AND SECURITIESBY AUTHORITY
- Authorized share capital of Authority.
- Allotment, issue and transfer of Authority’s shares.
- Liability of shareholders.
- Issue of other securities by Authority.
FINANCIALPROVISIONS RELATING TO AUTHORITY
- Conduct of financial affairs of Authority.
- Funds of Authority.
- Payment of dividends.
- Investment of moneys not immediately required by Authority.
- Authority to make certain charges to revenue account.
- Establishment and operation of general reserve.
- Financial year of Authority.
- Accounts of Authority.
- Audit of Authority’s accounts.
- Powers of auditors.
- Authority to observe Chicago Convention and other international treaties.
- Control of aviation in Zimbabwe.
- Air navigation services.
- Safety standards.
- Aeronautical information services.
- Technical services.
- Meteorological services.
- Interpretation in Part VIII.
- Air operator’s certificate required for operation of air service.
- Issue or refusal of air operator’s certificate.
- Form, content and duration of air operator’s certificate.
- Variation of air operator’s certificate.
- Cancellation of air operator’s certificate.
- No derogation from other laws re operation of air.
- Appointment and functions of Chief Inspector of Accidents and other inspectors.
- Powers of entry, inspection, etc.
- Authority to provide assistance to inspectors.
- Boards of inquiry into occurences and other matters.
- Obstruction of inspectors.
- Interpretation in Part IX.
- Authority may establish and maintain aerodromes
- Acquisition of land for purposes of aerodromes.
- Controls over use of land and water in vicinity of aerodromes.
- Power to enter land and take materials for purposes of aerodromes.
- Reservation of aerodrome materials.
- Customs, immigration and health facilities at aerodromes.
- Security at aerodromes.
- Offences at aerodromes.
- Effect of Chicago Convention.
- Liability for trespass or nuisance, and responsibility for damage.
- Conveyance of mail by air.
- Patent claims against aircraft not protected under Chicago Convention.
- Exemption from seizure of certain aircraft on patent claims.
- Detention of aircraft for certain offences.
- Restriction on use of “approved” in connection with flying schools.
- Dangerous flying.
- Territorial jurisdiction of courts.
- Exemption from regulations.
REPEALAND TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS
- Interpretation in Part XI.
- Repeal of Cap. 13:03 and savings.
- Transfer of certain assets, obligations, etc., of Government to Authority.
- Payment for assets transferred to Authority.
Powers of Authority.
AN ACT to establish the Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe and to provide for its functions; to provide for the appointment and functions of a board of the Authority; to make provision for the control, regulation and orderly development of aviation within Zimbabwe; and to provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
[Date of commencement: 1st January, 1999.]