- File Size 137.18 KB
- File Count
- Create Date July 13, 2020
- Last Updated July 13, 2020
High Court (Fees) (Civil Cases) Regulations 1992 (Statutory Instrument 426 of 1992)
Statutory Instrument 426 of 1992.
High Court (Fees) (Civil Cases) Regulations 1992
SIs 426/1992,58/1993, 96/1994, 81/2000,220/2005,216/2006, 140/2008, 50/2009
IT is hereby notified that the Minister of Justice. Legal and Parliamentary Affairs, in terms of section 57 of the High Court of Zimbabwe Act, 1981, has made the following regulations:—
- (1) These regulations may be cited as the High Court (Fees) (Civil Cases) Regulations, 1992.
(2) These regulations shall come into operation on the 1st January, 1993.
- For any matter referred to in the Schedule, the appropriate fee specified therein shall be payable.
- The Supreme Court, High Court and the Sheriff’s Office (Fees) Regulations, 1982, published in Statutory Instrument 238 of 1982, and the Supreme Court, High Court and Sheriff’s Office (Fees) (Amendment) Regulations, 1986, (No. 1), published in Statutory Instrument 25 of 1986, are repealed in so far as they apply to the High Court.
SCHEDULE (Section 2)
[Schedule substituted by s.i 50 of 2009]
|1.||Original summons, including civil imprisonment summons and citation, court application, special and agreed case, claim in reconvention and urgent chamber application||5,00|
|2.||Appeals from lower court or tribunal, including tax appeal||5,00|
|3.||Chamber application, other than application in the course of or incidental to other legal proceedings||5,00|
|4.||Application for trial dates||2,00|
|5.||Application for condonation and/or extension of time||10,00|
|6.||Application for default judgment||2,00|
|8.||Writ of execution or attachment, including civil imprisonment||2,00|
|9.||Order of court or certified copy thereof||1,00|
|10.||Certificate by the Registrar||10,00|
|11.||Registration of Certificate||20,00|
|12.||Affixing the seal of the court to any document||10,00|
|13.||(a) taxing fee on any bill of costs taxed by the registrar or taxing master, for each US$100,00 or part thereof allowed .||20,00|
|14.||Making a copy of any document, other than a certified copy of an order of the court by|
|(a) photocopying per page||1,00|
|(b)original typing per page||1,00|
|(c) duplicated or printed copy per page||1,00|
|15.||Supplying transcript of record, per typed page—|
|(a) for the first copy requested by any party||1,00|
|(b)the second and each subsequent copy made at the same time and supplied to the same party that requested the first copy||1,00|
|16.||On the sale by the Sheriff of immovable property under attachment—|
|(a) six per centum of the price paid by the purchaser of the property, with a minimum fee of||10,00|
|(b)on a Sheriff’s report, with a minimum fee of||10,00|
|17.||When a writ of execution is withdrawn before any sale is confirmed by the Sheriff||20,00|
|18.||When a sale in execution is cancelled—|
|(a) before confirmation of sale||10,00|
|(b)after the confirmation of sale||20,00|
|19.||Search fee, request for any document or pleading kept by the Registrar (except a file for purposes of pagination and or set-down or payment of fees as the Registrar may request)||1,00|
|20.||Retrieving files from the National Archives||2,00|
- The High Court (Fees) (Civil Cases) (Amendment) Regulations, 2006 (No. 6), published in Statutory Instrument 216 of 2006, and the High Court (Fees) (Civil Cases) (Amendment) Regulations, 2008 (No. 7), published in Statutory Instrument 140 of 2008, are repealed.