- Download 0
- File Size 85.15 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date July 13, 2020
- Last Updated July 13, 2020
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS AND PROHIBITION OF BUSINESS ACT(CHAPTER 10:21) (General Notice 86 of 2009)
General Notice 86 of 2009.
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS AND PROHIBITION OF BUSINESS ACT(CHAPTER 10:21)
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS IN 2010
IT is hereby notified, for public information, that the days listed in the Schedule will be public holidays in 2010 in terms of section 2(1) of the Public Holidays and Prohibition of Business Act [Chapter 10:21].
The list does not include any days which the President may declare to be public holidays in terms of section 2(2) of the Act.
- T. MUTSEKWA,K. C. D. MOHADI,
Co-Minister of Home Affairs. Co-Minister of Home Affairs.
SCHEDULE PUBLIC HOLIDAYS IN 2010
- New Year’s Day, being Friday the 1st January.
- Good Friday, being Friday the 2nd April.
- Easter Saturday, being Saturday the 3rd April.
- Easter Sunday, being Sunday the 4th April.
- Easter Monday, being Monday the 5th April.
- Independence day, being Sunday the 18th April.
- The day following Independence day, namely: Monday the 19th April.
- Worker’s Day, being Saturday the 1st May.
- Africa Day, being Tuesday the 25th May.
- Heroes’ day, being Monday the 9th August.
- Defence Forces National Day, being Tuesday the 10th August.
- National Unity Day, being Wednesday the 22nd December.
- Christmas Day, being Saturday the 25th December.
- The day following Christmas Day, namely: Sunday the 26th December