- Category Statutory Instruments & Regulations
- Download 170
- File Size 130.98 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date July 12, 2020
- Last Updated July 13, 2020
Statutory Instrument 131 of 2003.
Labour Relations Protection Against Any Acts of Interference Between Workers Organisation and Employers Organisation Regulations 2003
IT is hereby notified that the Minister of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare, in terms of section 17 (1) of the Labour Act [Chapter 28:01], has made the following regulations—
These regulations may be cited as the Labour Relations (Protection Against any Acts of
Interference Between Workers’ Organisation and Employers’ Organisation) Regulations, 2003.
In these regulations—
“workers’ organisation” means a trade union, staff association or workers’ committee as defined in the Act.
3. Protection against acts of interference
- Workers’ and employers’ organisations shall enjoy adequate protection against any acts of interference by each other or each other’s agents or members in their establishment, functioning or administration.
- No employer or employers’ organisations shall interfere with a workers’ organisation or its agents or members with respect to the establishment, function or administration of the worker’s organisation.
- It shall be an act of interference in terms of subsection (2) for an employer or employers’ organisation to promote the establishment of workers’ organisation under the domination of the employer or employers’ organisation, or to support a workers’ organisation by financial or other means, with the object of placing such organisation under the control of the employer or employers’ organisation.
- Any employer or representative of an employers’ organisation or workers’ organisation who contravenes subsection (3) shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a fine not exceeding level five or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding six months or to both such fine and imprisonment.